Thursday, December 3, 2009

Listen to your Body!!

Hi Guys I'm back, I have been very sick for the past almost year and that's why I've not blogged but I'm back with a vengeance. This Blog is about my adventure as a Disabled person with a Pressure sore and a warning to everyone disabled or not to listen to your body, I'm glad I did because it probably saved my life.

Ok I'll start from the beginning, I Had surgery in September,08 and had not felt the same till now. I had tiredness and just was not me but that was it so I just thought I was anemic so I went for blood work and found out I was not (so they said). I just kept getting worse and in June of "08" I got a pressure sore. I went the DR, and got meds for it and it healed up. Ok fast forward to June "09". I got the pressure sore again in the same spot and still was feeling really rotten with no reason as to why. This time I was told it was fine and was not given meds. I went though my summer faking it the best I could till the end of July. It got worse this time. I went to the DR, and was given meds but by this time it was too late, I spent most of the summer sick and in September 09 it hit me like a tone of bricks. I could barely make it to work or church, every move was a struggle. Then in Oct. 09, I was given the worst possible news, you could see bone. I went to my surgeon only to get another "Oh it looks great your fine. It was that night that my life was changed. I was admitted and told the infection was in the hip bone. I spent ten days in the Hospital, two really because I had to be transferred from one to the other to have surgery to have that bone removed. I am currently at home on IV meds....strong ones to get rid of the infection.

Morale of my story......Listen to your body and don't let people tell you there is nothing wrong with you when you know there is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment